We all know first impressions matter. The first impression your home gives when a potential buyer pulls up outside is known as curb appeal. You want the first impression to be warm and welcoming.
How can you improve the curb appeal of your home? Here are a few ideas to help you get started-
Begin by cleaning
- Pressure wash the driveway, front entryway and sidewalk
- Clean the front windows
- Clean the front door
Update your greenery
- Remove any fallen leaves
- Replace any plants that have died over the winter
- Trim the shrubs and trees
Add a pop of color-
- Paint the front door a bright and cheery color
- Add colorful plants or flowers either in free standing pots or as part of the shrubbery
- Add colorful pillows to the chairs on your front porch
- Upgrade the door knob and lock
- Replace the porch light with a more contemporary set
- Replace old tired house numbers with a shiny new set
I hope I’ve given you some ideas to get started. Now it’s time for me to plant new shrubs in my own flowerbed.
Kelly Harden, Realtor®
Mihara & Associates, Inc.