When selling your home there is a direct correlation between how a home looks to how it performs in the marketplace. Homes in Tampa Bay are currently selling about 15% faster and for about 11% more than they did a year ago. How can you take advantage of that when selling your own home?
Look at your house from a potential Buyer’s point of view. Is the house visually appealing? Can the Buyers imagine their family living in the home? Or is there a lot of work required to make the home move in ready?
Nothing can replace a home’s first impression
- Trim the shrubs and bushes
- Replace the mulch
- Clean the front door and repaint if necessary
- Add colorful seasonal flowers
- Keep the yard maintained
- Check the gutters and roof
- Clean and declutter the front porch
- Make sure the fence is in good repair
Is the interior clean, well maintained and clutter free?
- Remove extra items from counters, walls and bookcases. Extra clutter minimizes the space
- Pack up extra clothes and things taking up room in the closets. Buyers love storage space, don’t make it look like you hardly have any
- Clean carpets, remove and store area rugs
- Replace broken or cracked tiles
- Repainting the walls will make the house feel fresh and updated. Be sure to select a neutral color
- Remove personalized items
- Make sure all light bulbs are working. You don’t want to give the impression the house is not maintained
- Clean the windows! Let the natural light come in and make the house look bright and cheery
- Store the pet toys and extra pet bedding. Sad to say not everyone is an animal lover
- Check your house for odors
Simple changes are always best. Some larger projects will not have a good return on investment to warrant the expense before selling.
Call me for a private consultation to see how I can help you sell your home
CENTURY 21 Shaw Real Estate Group