Buying a new construction home is exciting! You are going to be involved in the building of your new home from the ground up. You have the ability to select the finishes, the location of the lot and even the exterior elevation. Should you have a Realtor represent you? Absolutely.
- The agent on site is a wonderful person, but they don’t represent you, they represent the builder. They have a fiduciary duty to the builder. Your Buyer’s Agent has a fiduciary duty to you. They will be your advocate and look out for your best interests.
- It doesn’t cost you anything. The commission the Realtor earns will be paid by the builder not you.
- Your Realtor will offer objective insight on pricing and resale value.
- They will help you understand the sales contract and your contractual obligations.
- They will be by your side every step of the way, from the inspections to closing and any problems that might come up in between.
If you have decided to shop for a new construction home take the time to contract with a trusted Realtor first. Once you’ve selected the Realtor be sure to give their card to the builder’s agent to secure your representation.
As always if you have questions or I can help in any way please let me know!
Kelly Harden (813)244-9688
Century 21 Shaw Realty