Once we’ve decided to list your home for sale and agreed upon the price I will begin to prepare your advertising campaign. The most important part of ads are the photos which is why I choose to have a professional photographer take them. (A pro is going to do a much better job them me with my Iphone!)
We want a clean presentation where buyers can envision their own belongings in the house. Here are some things you can do to ensure the best photos possible-
- Remove the cars from the driveway. Park in the garage or down the street, not in front of the house
- Clear kitchen counter tops of extra clutter. Store the toaster, pot of spoons, small appliances, etc.
- Store extra food items in the pantry or garage, not on the fridge or counter
- Remove and store any excess outdoor equipment (such as hoses)
- Keep rooms free of clutter on table tops and floor
- Clear bathroom counter tops of extra clutter too. Store soap, shampoo, cream rinse, razors,etc.
- Make sure bathroom display towels are clean and neat
- Pay special attention to items on the wall. Remove personal photographs. Take down anything that might be considered controversial such as political items, risque photos or art, etc.
- Store pet beds, crates, toys, food dishes etc.
- Put away all personal items such as handbags, wallets, jewelry, prescription medications, etc.
The idea is to help your home look it’s best and be most appealing to the greatest number of potential buyers. I will use the photo’s taken in all internet advertising, social media ads, flyers, postcards and more. Let’s work together to make your house shine!
Kelly Harden, Realtor
CENTURY 21 Shaw Realty Group